Mold isn’t just bad for your home, it can also be very bad for your health. Not only that, but it can be just as hard to spot as it is to get rid of because it can be completely hidden from view, with the only evidence being a musty smell. If you have any leaks that cause water damage, or if you have areas in your home that have a tendency to build up condensation, it’s a good idea to get it checked out even as a precaution.
All mold needs to grow is a little moisture and some dissolved nutrients, no light necessary. Since it grows better in dark spaces, it’s often found inside the wall where it’s not visible to onlookers. It spreads easily and can be toxic, causing skin, throat, nose and eye irritations, as well as allergies or prolonged flu-like symptoms. What’s worse, a little dampness is all that’s necessary to cause it to bloom in as little as 24 hours. Because of all these factors, it is best to have a professional assist you with mold removal.